Title of Position: Program Supervisor
Program Overview: Hand2Paw empowers young adults to take charge of their lives, learn real marketable skills, and pursue fulfilling employment through working with animals. Through our internship program, we provide paid job and life skills training to vulnerable youth (18-24years old) in Philadelphia, allowing them the opportunity to gain meaningful job skills and enter the workforce as confident and competent adults, while also providing fuller, more meaningful lives for local shelter animals.
Required Hours: Wednesdays: 10AM-6PM
Fridays: Program will be online; however, this position will be responsible for reporting to the Hand2Paw headquarters to care for animals and provide online support to the MSW student and staff.
Some evenings and weekends required. Days may be flexible given final schedule.
Hourly Rate: Up to $20/hr, depending on experience
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee program function when the Program Director is not present, such as life skills lessons and group discussions.
- Conduct check-in sessions with youth
- Develop program policies that are compliant with COVID-19 standards of safety
- Work with youth to determine measurable progress goals related to job skill development
- Synthesize progress reports for alum and support group participants
- Working in the animal shelter with the youth interns is an essential component of this position. Candidate must be comfortable working with animals, cleaning, and modeling professional behavior in such an environment.
- Fridays: although the program will be virtual, this position is required to be in the Hand2Paw headquarters office to work with cats/kittens and/or other animals while simultaneously providing guidance to youth in office, and online support to MSW student and youth who will be working virtually.
- Bachelor of Social Work or Master of Social Work
- Experience with Animal Assisted Interventions
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds and perform daily cleaning of space where animals reside
- At least 1 year experience working with youth
- One weekend per month and some evenings required
- Must have a vehicle to transport youth from headquarter to the animal shelter during scheduled times.
Interested applicants should submit a resume here.